/* UNIVERSAL SELECTED NAV ITEM OVERRIDE */ .selected a, .selected *, li[class*="selected"] a, li[class*="active"] a { color: #333333 !important; /* Your desired selected tab color */ font-family: sans-serif !important; /* Your desired font */ } -->

Monday, August 24, 2026

Album of the Week

Hi Darlings,

Now that Augtober is almost over and fall is almost here, I've been craving songs that remind me of the beginning of the school year. I've been reminiscing about back-to-school shopping, colder mornings, and watching the leaves change colour day by day. An album that perfectly captures this vibe for me, while still hinting at summer, is Katy Perry's first album, One of the Boys! To me, this is Katy's best album, no doubt about it. Released in 2008, with 4 tracks charting (Above 30, btw) and one of them hitting Number 1 for 7 consecutive weeks, Perry started her pop career with a bang. Don't get me wrong, her other albums are great, and I'm excited to see what other projects are to come in the future, but sometimes I wish she would give us a song or two that went back to her roots. But till then, I'll listen to this album because I know I will never get tired of it. I encourage you to do the same and travel back in time with me. 

Stay weird, 

Twyla✨                                                                                                                                               

No comments:

Post a Comment